Thursday, February 10, 2011

Epitome of Productivity

I've been thinking a lot lately about productivity and time management. Mainly because yearly reviews are in my horizon at my place of work and my boss assigned us to write down everything we do this week and how long it takes us. Now this sounds like a set up, but I'll tell you, my boss is totally legit and it's just to point out to upper management how much our team does. Which, in theory, works for me.

But as I'm filling this out, I realize that I am inflating how much time tasks take me because, well they don't really take me that long. And I realize that at all hours of the day, I have about 9 tabs going on Firefox and only one of them are work-related. And then I realize that I bounce around between work and idiotic entertainment all day long. Side note: I am lately obsessed with Zach Galifianakis, you know, the guy from The Hangover? Well, I just watched like 8 videos like this

fusedfilm.com

 In sum, this list has made me realize that how much I actually work varies from day to day.

Bad-ass multi-tasker? Probably. 

Inefficient use of company time? Negotiable. 

Regardless, this has made me think a little more than usual. So I thought I would bounce some ideas off of boyfriend to really gauge whether I'm in the wrong or if my slacking is normal behavior.

Me: Do you give 100 percent at work?
BF: What?
Me: You know, like give it your all?
BF: You mean, like, 100 percent of my effort?
Me: Yeah
BF: Yes...Why?
Me: Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment