Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


It's getting pretty frosty down here in Houston. We are trading our flip flops in for closed-toed shoes and while I'm pretty pumped about a slight dip in temperature (this coming from the girl who WORSHIPS the sun, but honey, it's hot) I'm not sure how the rest of the city is going to react. Pretty excited to see the sheer panic when Houston gets to a frigid 60 degrees. Brrr.

The other day when I was getting ready for my run, a coworker said to me, shocked, "wow! You even run in the cold, huh?!" Well first of all, yes. Second of all, I don't know what you're referring to, but an overnight low of 50 and daytime high of 70 isn't cold. I know I've got a good number of readers in Omaha, Nebraska (shout out!) and I can feel you rolling your eyes. Thank you for that.


I don't care who you are, this weather, in December, is pure bliss. I went on a run today at lunch and snagged the above photo of Downtown Houston. As you can see, the leaves are starting to change. For everyone else in America, this happened in October, September? Here in Houston, we are enjoying the leaf-changing in mid-December. The temp at 11:30am? 64 degrees. Be jealous. Gosh dammit look at that friggin sky. SMOG?! What smog?

See that ant of a man running a little bit ahead of me? I beat him. He didn't know we were racing, but, just for the record. 

We were also wearing the same shirt, so that was weird.


I do love this city. Don't tell anyone. Something about that skyline. I work there. 


Even if you can't get nutty about a city skyline, are you dying over those clouds and that sky? December, people. December.

This second picture I took was pretty artsy for an iPhone. Damn you Apple, once again, you own my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment