Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Let's Talk About Babies, Baby.

Seven years ago, my younger brother and I came to the traumatic and grody (remember grody?) realization that our parents were sexually active. 

With each other

And they were expecting.  


A baby


A human baby. 


At 15 years old, this was about the most devastating thing that could ever happen. Parents were embarrassing enough. Shoot, if a parent breathes the wrong way it is embarrassing to a 15 year old. And now I was gonna have a big, pregnant mom. And in 9 months, a baby? The trauma. Also, boys were gross and I was scared of them so I couldn't imagine how my parents, after all these years, still liked each other. Grossness.

Fast forward seven years and I met boyfriend and his olive skin, brawny muscles and blue eyes. And I died.  

Point being, now I get it

I texted boyfriend this morning, 'I'm making a grocery list, any suggestions?"


His response? 'Cheese. And dinner foods.'


Charming.  

I can hear him beating his chest from here. What a man.

I melt.


Sorry, I get carried away.

Anyway, back in my teenage angst and pessimism, I was certain this baby was going to ruin my whole life and all my plans.What plans I'm not sure, but if I had a couple goals or ideas for the future, baby would ruin them all.


Not. That totally didn't happen. 

My perfect baby bird was born November 11, 2003 and it was the day my life changed forever. He was then and still is my eternal entertainment and opportunity to mold and corrupt something small. And teach him fun phrases. I really underestimated the possibilities a baby would bring. 

I am yet to put any pictures of myself on this blog, but I am not above exploiting children. See below.


This is my baby, being an Avatar


Saying something weird I taught him

Being ridiculous.
Moral? I'm kinda obsessed with this baby. Happy birthday, baby!




Moral #2? Now that I'm older and sexually active mature, I realize what I was unaware of at fifteen years old...parents having sex? Thumbs up!

crnabiz.com

1 comment:

  1. All of this is due to the fact that your mother has a smokin' body and is extremely beautiful. I mean who wouldn't want to knock her up??

    ReplyDelete